Jungle's Law

Animals are totally crazy... That has been confirmed many times by my numerous (too numerous?) viewings of animal documentaries and it appears to me today as an obvious fact which doesn't need to be debated.

Plants are ok... They are generally quiet... One has time to guess what they are after... They can be pushy but they rarely lay into somebody without prior warning. Overall, they aren't that annoying.

But beasts...honestly ... They are nuts, worrying, weird, dangerous, mean, impolite, badly tempered, dirty, of bad faith, lying most of the time... I mean, I don't think I could have enough words to name and shame their base acts.

Of course, I can already hear you saying: "well... what about all the videos of nice little cute and adorable kittens on Youtube, huh ? What about the kittens?" I answer that kittens are the trees hiding the gentle forest. Just imagine a ferocious rain forest without wild animals and you'll be totally convinced! Yes! That would be pure Heaven.

Actually, beasts abide only to one law... the law of the jungle - a world where sheep eat sheep. If you don't believe me, then just read the pages of this comic.

To select the panel you want, click on the full content menu at the bottom of this page.

Taking A Goose Step


Jungle's Law - 21

Amazingly enough, this page was story boarded before the recent attack in France against Charlie Hebdo and other people. I was half way when I heard the news on radio and I was stuck and scotched before my TV set for a long moment.

However, at start, I just wanted to have fun with the Goose reputation as being very territorial and mean sometimes. AND the famous goose step which is a military parade marching step used in most totalitarian regimes. In fact, was just a black humor attempt to expose problematics on how to fight a rising fascist/totalitarian movement.

Nevertheless, one can't avoid thinking about the recent events in France about Charlie Hebdo. I wanted this page being more universal and not just one more "my little drawing to support Charlie". I hesitated posting it, but finally decided nobody and nothing would stop me doing what I wanted to do.

To go back to the subject, I don't have simple definite answer. Maybe everything is a matter of estimation of risks and liabilities facing a dangerous deadly situation and also a matter of efficiency. Back in WWII, the French Resistance was composed of brave men to say the least… but it would have been just stupidly suicidal and useless to stand in front a German military HQ and scream "Hitler is a bastard".  However, when looking at historical facts, I heard that  in November 1943, a group of the French resistance entered in a French village, paraded with their arms in the main street, brought a floral wreath they solemnly put down at the WWI memorial symbolizing victory against Germany, they sung the National Anthem and then scattered in the woods just before the arrival of a German patrol. That was a way to send the message: "we are there, we stand still and we are not afraid". 


___________________________________________

No comments:

Post a Comment